Part 1 - Free for All
GALATIANS: Live FREE - Part 1 - June 17th, 2018
Free For All
Text: John 8:31-32, 36
Today’s Big Idea: Not everything that has to do with freedom is _______________. There are also _________________ of freedom. They are not, perhaps, as pronounced, but they are there, at least for people of faith in Christ. These people believe that God is _____________. He created the world and the people in it freely and not out of _____________________. Therefore, since a free God is at the centre of all existence, and all creation and every creature issues from a free act, _________________ and not __________________ is always the deeper and more lasting _________________.
___________________ in the life of faith is at the very heart of what it means to be __________________. Its a new way—a Kingdom way— for me to be _____________________.
Slogans, Slant, and Sales-pitch: ______________________
- Freedom is not an _________________________, it is not a ____________, and it is not _____________________. It is a ____________________ that another provides; it is an ____________________ that must be _________________ and ___________________ by each person within the understood limits of reality.
- Free in Christ, we are free for ________________!
Travel Tips for the Journey: (i.e. What Does This Look Like in Me?)
- As I learn the free life in Christ, I am going to see that all the rah-rah formulas of freedom that our culture and society spawn are ___________________.
- It is going to become clear to me that there are no “absolute” freedoms—that is, freedom without ___________________.
- I am wise not to _____________________ the challenge and difficulties in living free for all—the free life in Christ: it is persistently _____________.
Digging Deeper: My Personal Reflections...
Engage the text: Ask questions to see what answers the Scriptures provide: who, what, when, where, and how?
Know the text: What's the meaning for the original audience and then what is the meaning for me?
Listen, let the text speak: What is the Holy Spirit saying to me?
Live in light of the text: Being: what does this say about my identity? Doing: what are some actions for me to obey this week in order to maximize the impact of this message?
Share: If you were to share with a friend, in a sentence or two, a key insight from today’s message, what would that be?